Both FDA and Health Canada approved, Belkyra is a non-surgical treatment for the appearance of fullness in the area under the chin.
What causes fullness under the chin?Fullness under the chin, sometimes referred to as “double chin,” is a common, yet under-treated, facial aesthetic concern that can impact a broad range of adults, including both women and men.
Causes may include:
- Aging: it may naturally develop as you age
- Genetics: simply said, it may be part of your DNA
- Weight changes: it may be a result of gaining weight
Sometimes, no matter how much you diet or exercise, the fullness in this area may not go away, and may make you feel like you look older and heavier than you actually are. If you’re bothered by it, you’re not alone. 67% of people said they’re bothered by fullness under the chin.
What is BELKYRA™?
- Belkyra (deoxycholic acid) is the first and only injectable treatment in Canada that targets and eliminates fat cells under the chin.
- Belkyra is a quick & safe treatment, which can be completed in 15-20 minutes in the doctor’s office.
- Belkyra gradually improves your chin profile through a series of treatment sessions customized by your doctor.
Non-surgically improve the appearance of your chin profile.
How does BELKYRA™ work?
The active ingredient in Belkyra is deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
Belkyra targets and eliminates fat cells when injected into the area under your chin. Belkyra gradually improves your chin profile over a number of treatment sessions customized by your doctor. Once your desired results are achieved, re-treatment is not expected.
Is BELKYRA™ right for me?
Belkyra might be right for you if:
- You’re bothered by fullness under the chin
- Surgery is not an option for you
- You eat well and exercised, but fullness under your chin does not go away
Many patients treated with Belkyra experience visible improvement of their chin profile in 2-4 treatments.
How is BELKYRA™ administered?
Belkyra treatment typically takes about 15-20 minute in the doctor’s office. Our doctor will administer a series of injections into the area under your chin at each treatment session.
How many treatments of BELKYRA™ will I require?
Many patients treated with Belkyra experience visible improvement of their chin profile in 2-4 treatments. Some people require up to 6 treatments in order to achieve results. Once your goals have been met, re-treatment is not expected.
Is there any downtime?
For most patients, downtime is minimal and occurred most commonly after the first treatment session. When scheduling your treatments, keep your social plans and work commitments in mind.
Will I experience any side effects?
As with other injectable treatments, you may experience side effects with Belkyra. The most common side effects are swelling, bruising, pain and numbness. To avoid side effects and ensure proper use, talk to our health professionals before your treatment, and raise any questions you might have.